Confirmation 2023/2024 – Classes begin Sunday, September 10, 2023
Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation will be integrated into the 6th grade curriculum at Rosary School and the St. Francis Religious Education Program. Parents of 6th grade students through senior in high school who are not confirmed, need to enroll in RE Classes if he or she does not attend Rosary School.
Confirmation Mass is scheduled for Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 2:00 PM.
For more information contact RE Coordinator, Teresa Schumacher at (405) 590-3694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements of Candidates:
- Must be baptized and attending Mass on Sundays and Holy Days
- Must have satisfactorily completed faith formation with a satisfactory attendance record
- Must have completed the family 3 Works of Mercy and the Retreat
Requirements of Parents/Guardians:
- Must be registered in the parish & attend Mass on Sundays/Holy Days
- Must support the teachings of the Catholic Church, attend a Parent Sacrament meeting and actively involved in the preparation of the child
Requirements of a Sponsor:
- May not be the candidate’s parents (Godparents are recommended)
- Must be confirmed and be a practicing Catholic
- Must be at least 16 years of age (age 18 & up preferred)
- May be male or female regardless of the gender of the candidate
- Must secure a certificate of eligibility with a church seal stating they are recommended by their pastor as a candidate to be a sponsor